Today, two hundred and ninety + (290+) time eligible members of the United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation® were mailed a questionnaire to further determine their eligibility to test at the 2014 Moo Duk Kwan® Ko Dan J Shim Sa November 14-21, 2014 in Ramona California.
Responses are due by May 14th, 2014 from the 290 questionnaires mailed to 2014 Ko Dan J Shim Sa time eligible members.
After May 14th, the names of the members who respond will be submitted to their Regional Officials for recommendations, then the Technical Advisory Committee will distribute official invitations to qualified members who are recommended and approved to receive an invitation.
Dans and Gups can join in the excitement and the unique learning experience of the annual Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa by participating in the Moment With The Masters on the opening weekend of the annaul Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa week.
Follow the 2014 Ko Da Ja Shim Sa to learn more about the extraordinary training opportunities available at this unique Moo Duk Kwan® event.
2013 Moment With The Masters Participants
Are you thinking about the day in the future when you might be one of the members receiving a questionnaire determining your eligibility to test for a master level rank? If so, then you may want to contemplate the personal actions you will need to take between now and then so that your answers will be favorable for the following questions:
2014 Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa Eligibility Questionnaire
Please answer all questions on separate page(s) and be sure to submit your personal instructor’s signed recommendation form before May 14th, 2014. Date: Name: Address: Mobile Number: Email: Dan Bon: Current Rank: Date Of Last Promotion:
- Eligible members seeking to qualify to test for Sa Bom Certification during the Ko Dan Ja Shim Sa must have OBTAINED a Sa Bom Certification Study Kit 2 years in advance of anticipated exam date.
Date Your Membership Expires: Your Institute Account User Name: Your Institute Affiliate ID: (if applicable)
- Please specify which Federation National Championships you have participated in over the last five years.
- Please list all donations you have made over the past five years to the Foundation, the Federation, or the National Moo Duk Kwan-a-thon fundraiser at the National Festival. (silent auction contributions, monetary donations, time, services, etc.)
- Please list all Federation Summer Camp or TAC Seminars you have attended in the last five years.
- Please list all Federation Regional Dan Testings at which you have assisted in the past five years. (Places and dates)
- Please give the names and dates of all Regional Tournaments or Regional Seminars that you have organized or assisted with.
- What other contributions have you made to your Region?
- What contributions have you made to Soo Bahk Do on the National Level?
- What contributions have you made to Soo Bahk Do on the International Level?
- Do you support the Federation as a “Member’s Organization” by teaching and encouraging parents and students to register all students promptly with the Federation?
- If you are a Certified Instructor operating a Certified Studio or a Certified Teaching Program, please list the exam dates for each of your Gup Test submissions to Headquarters over the past three years. If your records are incomplete you can request a report from Headquarters.
- If you are a Certified Instructor, have you ever received inquiries regarding your student’s rank testing submissions or registration of new members? (e.g. Failure to submit student rank testings or failure to register new students as members.) If yes, please explain.
- Please list any awards or special recognition you have received in or outside of the Moo Duk Kwan® or Soo Bahk Do® training.
- How many classes per week do you personally teach?
- Do you serve as Chief Instructor? Assistant Instructor? At what Certified Studio?
- How often do you train with your own instructor? Their name?
- How often have you trained at National Headquarters in the past five years?
- Why do you think you should be considered a Ko Dan Ja Candidate?
- If you are invited to test, would you prefer to test in Korea in October 2014 or in California, USA in November 14-21, 2014
“Individual participation is the Key Energy necessary to strengthen our foundation.” – HC Hwang, Kwan Jang Nim